The Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary are prayed on Monday and Saturday.
The 1st Joyful Mystery Coloring Page – The Annunciation
The angel Gabriel appears to Mary.
Possible discussion points while your child colors this sheet.
- The angle greats Mary in a very special way and with a special title… Hail “FULL of Grace”.
- Eve sinned and said “No” to God, but Mary is sinless and says “Yes” to God.
- Mary says she is the Handmaid of The Lord.
The 2nd Joyful Mystery Coloring Page – The Visitation
Mary goes to meet her cousin Elizabeth.
- Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant by carrying God in her womb.
- Mary went into the hill country for three months to see Elizabeth.
- When the baby in Elizabeth’s womb (St. John the Baptists) hears Mary’s voice, the baby leaps for joy.
- David, went into the hill country for 3 months and danced (leaped) before the ark when it was brought to him.
The 3rd Joyful Mystery Coloring Page – The Nativity
Jesus is born in a stable in Bethlehem and laid in a manger.
Possible points of discussion with your children while they color:
- The incarnation (God becomes man).
- Bethlehem means “House of Bread”. Jesus is the Bread of Life.
- A Manger is a food trough for animals (sheep)… Mary lays Jesus in a food trough for us (His sheep). Jesus feeds us in the Eucharist.
The 4th Joyful Mystery Coloring Page – The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple
Mary and Joseph take Jesus and present him in the temple.
The 5th Joyful Mystery Coloring Page – The Finding of the child Jesus in the temple.
Possible points of discussing with your child while the color this sheet.
- Jesus was lost for 3 days. Jesus was in the tomb for 3 days. Jonah was in the belly of the whale for 3 days.